In the Media
- Simon Lehmann Joins the Spence Dix & Co Team (8/22/2018) - The Spence Dix & Co Livestock team continues to expand, with the appointment of Simon Lehmann. Spence Dix & Co directors Rodney Dix and Jonathan Spence are pleased to welcome Simon to the team. “Simon is a perfect fit to our company” said Rodney Dix. “Simon has a solid network within the Murraylands district and […]
- South Australia Endemic Sheep Disease Management Programs – Update (7/30/2018) - Bio Security and PIRSA are implementing changes to the SA Johne’s Disease in sheep and Footrot management programs and will be phased in over the coming months from July 2018. Click here to view the fact sheet with information about the new programs. “We aim to increase industry awareness of JD and Footrot in order […]
- Tough talk urges local farmers to look forward (9/25/2018) - AS MID North livestock producers look to the season ahead, they have been reminded of the importance of community and connectedness during the tough times at a Eudunda drought forum on Thursday. Many expressed their sense of relief after guest speakers, ‘The Unbreakable Farmer’ Warren Davies and Western NSW Division pastoralist Gus Whyte, shared their […]
- Updated Cattle Health Declaration Now Available (6/13/2018) - An updated version of the Cattle Health Declaration is now available for use. Key updates include: • The owner and cattle details have been removed, as this information is captured on the NVD – it’s rare that a CHD would be used independently of an NVD, so these documents should complement one another. • ‘Type’ […]
- Updated guidelines for Welfare of Animals at Saleyards (6/13/2018) - The Australian Animal Welfare Standards and Guidelines – Livestock at Saleyards and Depots replaces the Model Code of Practice for the Welfare of Animals: Animals at Saleyards. Producers have a duty of care to ensure that animals they present for sale in sale yards adhere to these standards. For further information click here.