In the Media
- South Australia Endemic Sheep Disease Management Programs – Update (7/30/2018) - Bio Security and PIRSA are implementing changes to the SA Johne’s Disease in sheep and Footrot management programs and will be phased in over the coming months from July 2018. Click here to view the fact sheet with information about the new programs. “We aim to increase industry awareness of JD and Footrot in order […]
- Spence Dix & Co AuctionsPlus Hay Sale (12/13/2018) - SA hay sellers have widened their networks with the nation’s first major online fodder sale held through AuctionsPlus. Last week, independent livestock agency Spence Dix & Co held the sale, offering 4000 tonnes of hay and straw from clients from the South East, Mid North and Eyre Peninsula and Vic Wimmera Read the full story here […]
- Tough talk urges local farmers to look forward (9/25/2018) - AS MID North livestock producers look to the season ahead, they have been reminded of the importance of community and connectedness during the tough times at a Eudunda drought forum on Thursday. Many expressed their sense of relief after guest speakers, ‘The Unbreakable Farmer’ Warren Davies and Western NSW Division pastoralist Gus Whyte, shared their […]
- Updated Cattle Health Declaration Now Available (6/13/2018) - An updated version of the Cattle Health Declaration is now available for use. Key updates include: • The owner and cattle details have been removed, as this information is captured on the NVD – it’s rare that a CHD would be used independently of an NVD, so these documents should complement one another. • ‘Type’ […]
- Updated guidelines for Welfare of Animals at Saleyards (6/13/2018) - The Australian Animal Welfare Standards and Guidelines – Livestock at Saleyards and Depots replaces the Model Code of Practice for the Welfare of Animals: Animals at Saleyards. Producers have a duty of care to ensure that animals they present for sale in sale yards adhere to these standards. For further information click here.